Saturday, May 20, 2006

Meme Day

I was just over at Heide's blog and saw her post about being REALLY late in answering the Dye-O-Rama meme. Which brought down tons for guilt on me, because I too have not answered it. So here we go (and Dye-Pal, you know I'm pretty easy going and will be thrilled with any yarn you send me!!)

Questions specific to this swap:

Your favorite colors? I am usually most drawn to earth tones and soft, muted colors. But then again, I have my share of brights in my stash. I think any color can be the right color, if matched with the right project!!

Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)? For socks, I like sport or DK weight, but I've done worsted too and it's fun because they knit up so fast. Fingering is also great, especially since I joined the Amazing Lace KAL.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? I love them both . . . again, some patterns look better in solid yarns, and some benefit from some multicolored patterns.

If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn? Sure, I'm a Yarn Fl**zy and I love them all!

Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)? Never met a sock yarn I didn't like.

Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it? Why, I'd name it after the wonderful pal who dyed it for me!!

What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along? It sounded like so much fun, and a good way to get introduced to dying. I loved the thought of having tips and support refer to on the Dye-O-Rama blog.

General yarn/fiber questions:

Have you dyed yarn/fiber before? Nope, this will be my first.

Do you spin? Not yet, but I somehow bought a drop spindle at my first Fiber Fest.

Have you knit socks before? Yes, I'm working on my sixth pair!!

Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too? Just for socks, so far. . .

What are some of your favorite yarns? I really liked the Trekking. I've loved Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino for the baby things I've knit. I'm not fond of acrylic (but that wouldn't hold the dye anyway - tee hee).

What yarn do you totally covet? I was really thrilled when I finally bought my Koigu. Still haven't knit with it yet . . . . I'm just admiring it!!

Favorite patterns? Usually what ever I'm knitting at the time is my favorite. I'm loving Embossed Leaves right now!

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? Oh my, the list is too long to post!!

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? Addis, Inox, bamboo, rosewood.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Something soft and pretty.

Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? I'm diabetic, so I have to stay away from candy.

What's your favorite animal? Hmm, I'm not sure I have one.

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? No, no pets (yet . . . I'm considering it).

If you were a color what color would you be? ??? I don't think I'm very good at this section of the meme.

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else's).. A cute little tank I knit myself. (Okay, I don't have one yet, but hopefully I will soon!!)

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? Huh? I guess I believe you can find inspiration anywhere.

Tell me the best quote you've ever heard or read. I love most of Gone with the Wind. How about this one:
Scarlett: Sir, you are no gentleman.
Rhett: And you, Miss, are no lady.

Do you have a wishlist Sure, but it's in my head!!

Anything else you'd like to share with the group today? Why yes, I do. I have one more meme that Ragan tagged me with!!

1)What's your favorite LYS? It's a tie between Knotty Girl and Knit Together.

2) What about it do you like most?I love the friendly atmosphere of Knotty Girl and the huge selection at Knit Together (and also the Frequent Buyers program).

3)What is your 2nd favorite? Knitting Central.

4)What would you improve about it to make it a tie with your first? Oh gosh, I don't know. It's hard to choose favorite yarn stores or think about what to change in them. I imagine it's like trying to pick your favorite children, or think about things to change in them. I just love them all, in their own special way!!

5)What's the last thing your bought at your #1 LYS? Umm, I think it was at Knit Together. I bought sock yarn (big surprise) and Cottonade for dishclothes.

6)Who's Next? Anyone, anyone? Bueller?

Okay, gotta run. It's tag sale time!!

6 comments:

Joanne M said...

Good luck with the tag sale - hope you clear out the stuff you don't need anymore, make a few bucks toward your anniversary trip, and get some knitting time in this morning. :-)

Ragan said...

Good luck with that sale, and maybe you will have a great turn-out. You can get rid of a lot of junk like that. :) I hope that the weather holds out as well!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ah, I always love reading through memes, it's such a nice little extra-view into the preferences of bloggers/people we like!

Lynda said...

There's a yarn store called Knit Together - why, how cool is that?

KT said...

This is your yarn speaking.

I demand to be cast on. Right now. I have a deep hankering to become a Kiri shawl. Rumor has it it's a fairly easy-going shawl with few pretensions. I could do that. Gimme a shot. I know you can do it. Just cast me. 3 stitches, then knit fourteen rows. It'll be easy. Then all you have to do is pick up those seven side stitches and the three at the bottom. You and I can do this.

Serendipity said...

What's a tag sale?

I am nossy enough to read Q and A...I would love to be able to knit a sock, someday.

Nice blog :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!