Tuesday, November 28, 2006

All about Scout!!

I guess I'm just a shameless groupie . . . . . but don't we all just love Scout??? The yarn (I could max out my credit cards on the yarn alone), the swag (just about everything on that page is on my Christmas Wish List!!), the cool club (I've shamelessly stalked the mailman each month when I know it's time for it to arrive!!).

Aside from the unabashed gushing, it's time to show you my latest pair of socks. The Daisy Socks, knit with the colorway Scout created especially for my Walk-A-Thon.

Daisy Socks
Pattern: magKNITficent 'No Sugar Added' Sock Pattern, which also supports the ADA. Go check it out!!
Suppies: Daisies yarn and Knit Picks size 2 DPNs
Cast On: October 16, 2006
Completed: November 25, 2006

I love everything about these socks. I love the way the white makes a little swirl down the legs and feet. I love the stripes on the heels and toes. I love the cheerful colors. I can't wait to wear them . . . . but I will. These beauties are getting ready to fly off to Scout, and accompany her on her upcoming Knitty Gritty appearance!! Isn't that cool? Oh how I wish we got DIY here.

Now, to wrap up my All About Scout post, I will partake of Scout’s Meme:
  • How and when did you learn how to knit/crochet? Who taught you? - I guess I've been really knitting for about a year and a half. I (mostly) taught myself.
  • How has this craft impacted your life? (besides financially!) - Well, knitting led me to blogging. And blogging made me realize how much I love computers, and led me to my little graphics gig. And that has made me realize that I can design things to other people's specifications. And because of that, I will soon be taking web-design courses, and some day launching a new career!!
  • Pick at least one person to talk about who you have met through the knit-world and why you are thankful to have met them. Feel free to get all mushy. - The hardest part about this is trying to pick just one. I have made so many real friends in the knit-blog world. Some I have been lucky enough to meet in real life. But today I'll talk about Melissa. Almost a day doesn't go by without us e-mailing each other . . . about knitting, about our families, about our day in general, about anything we can thing of. She's always there to commiserate, bounce ideas off of, and often tempt each other with the latest knitting stuff we are pining over. She's sweet and encouraging and such a wonderful friend - and I don't know what I'd do without her. (Well, you said I could get all mushy!!)

Oh, one last thing! Let's revisit THE LIST!!
  • Flower Cloth
  • Daisy Socks
  • Baby Sweater
  • Fetching
  • Socks
  • Fetching
  • Slippers
  • Fetching

17 comments:

Sonya said...

Love the socks! It's so cool how one thing has lead to another, from knitting to your graphics gig. I had a usability/web design class in grad school and really enjoyed it. I never realized how many badly designed web pages there were.

Scoutj said...

Awwww. Thank you so much. I love doing my work because of people like you. Really.
xoxo

MissyJoon said...

Smoooooooooooooooooch! I adore you! And eek! we are both part of the "I love Scout" Fan Club!

Anonymous said...

Scout's yarn is really wonderful! I love how your socks came out. Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Your socks are great, and I totally agree with you about Scout's yarn. She's the best! I wish we got DIY too, because I really want to see Scout and Stephanie on the show!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

OK, your socks are blowing my mind, they are so trippy, love them!!

Kirsten said...

The socks are fabulous! I agree, Scout is a very talented dyer. It's so cool that she's going to be on Knitty Gritty (with your socks!)!!

Anonymous said...

I love the white effect at the ankles of the socks, too! It almost looks like two different yarns!

In the words of my 2 1/2 year old daughter "So pretty!"

m. said...

Gorgeous socks! Thanks for yet another shameless plug. The two of us are going to single-handedly inform every knitter about how they can help fight diabetes. :)

Jenn said...

Lovely!

Sourire11 said...

your socks are going to be on knitty gritty! That's awesome!!

Melissa said...

I am in mad love with Scout's Swag too. I could spend soooo much money there!
If you have a VCR (I know...so antiquated!!) I'll send you a tape of the Knitty Gritty episode when it airs.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I totally love your Daisy socks, they look so lovely - what a great color, and I also really love this white effect on the ankles!

Laura said...

i love love love the colors of those socks. so very springy. :)

Olga said...

Ooh, your socks are going to be famous! So cool!

Anonymous said...

I'm now Scout's newest fan!

I ordered some custom dyed fingering weight, and I can't wait to get it!

Ragan said...

Beautiful!!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!