Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Getting back on track

Thank you all for the sympathetic comments to my little flood last week. I don't deal well with those home emergencies and found the whole thing overwhelming. But, yesterday some lovely delivery men from Lowe's came with these:
Nothing like shiny new appliances to make everything seem better. I love having my freezer on the bottom now - it's so much more convenient and I have to wonder why these models are so hard to find? The household budget isn't very happy about the purchases, but they were very necessary and our tax refund will cover it. So things are looking good. I even managed to catch up on all my e-mails and blog reading today. Now if I could only get the reading done and quizzes completed for my on-line courses, I'd be completely back on track.

Speaking of getting on track, it's hard to believe April is here already. I think a monthly To Knit list is in order, to help me figure out what exactly my goals and deadlines are and to help me finish projects instead of knitting out of control. So, my goals for April are:

  1. Finish and block Kiri Shawl in time to wear to a wedding on April 15th.
  2. Finish second Monkey sock.
  3. Finish a pair of Fetchings as March's Holiday Headstart project. (Ooopps, yes, I'm a month late on that one.)
  4. Find and knit something for April Holiday Headstart project. (I think I have something picked out, just waiting for the pattern to be released.)
  5. Swatch and start Tahoe when yarn arrives. (Would love to finish in April too, but that's not likely.)
  6. Finish (or at least work on) Red Koigu Socks.
That's quite a list, so we'll have to see how it goes.

April has also brought a new round of Runagogo. I did manage my 100 Miles by April 1st, and I've reset my ticker for Round 2. But I've upped my personal goal to 200 miles. I think that may be a bit much, but if I can make it to 150 I'll be happy. And if I end up doing the 200, I'll be extra proud! Want to walk too? It's not to late to join.

20 comments:

Jenn said...

Very ambitious list - good luck!

Sonya said...

Lovely appliances! Ambitious list for April. I don't seem to be able to do anything but socks at the moment.

Jennifer said...

Quite an ambitious list! Go Karen!!!

I've lowered my expectations as to what I can get done in a month. Ever since I've been thinking of stocking my Etsy shop again, the number has gotten even smaller.

Lovely new appliances.

Chrissy said...

Those are some great new appliances! I love the freezer on the bottom thing. My parents got a new fridge like that about a year ago. Their dogs love it too, because they don't get hit on the head by stuff falling out of the freezer anymore.

Zonda said...

Yay for new appliances!! Go you on runagogo and your knitting list..um..must do one myself!

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like sparkling new appliances! ;o)

Great socks a few days back :o)

Noey D. said...

Oh my gosh! I totally missed the post about the flood! Happy to hear things are a little brighter today. Nothing like new appliances to perk a girl up! :)

MissyJoon said...

Ooooooooooooooo----ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for the appliances!

click, knit, click, purl for the to do list--better get knitting!!!! xo

ps: I don't see Idol socks on the list . . . .hmmmmm
;0)

Olga said...

Oh, girl. When I finally own my own washer and dryer, I'll know that I'm all grown up. Add to that a real couch, too, not just a futon. BTW, you really tempted me with the Runagogo, but I belong to a gym where I like the spinning classes, so I'm not sure how that would fit in. (And can you imagine my posts? "Went to spinning class again today. Same room, same people.")

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new appliances! Good luck with the list and the 200 miles!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

You and I have about the same amount on our 'to-knit' list;)

Once you get over the trauma of having to by something large and new (for me it was a new car last year), then it's kind of exciting and you don't miss the old ones in the least...

Melissa said...

Great list!! :) The new appliances look awesome. I want my next fridge (not that I want to replace anytime soon) to be one with the bottom freezer.

Anonymous said...

These are of course some goodie new appliances, they look great! And as for the list you've set for yourself - this is a truly ambitious one that'll keep you really busy for sure - but I have no doubts that you'll manage everyting! You go, girl!

jessica said...

What a list! I bet it feels nice to have brand new appliances! I'd love to see your cookies if you make them:) Thanks for the well wishes of my little Chloe!

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Wow, I sit out of blogdom for a couple of weeks and look what happens?? I missed everything! Very sorry about what has been going on. I hope to make the best of Runagogo this time around since I could not finish the first time.
=:8

LizKnits said...

congrats on your 100! 200 more by July... that's ambitious. I decided to settle for 125 more. We know who, of the two of us, will be healthier at the end!

Your monkey socks look great too!

~Kristie said...

Pretty pretty new appliances! I bet even doing laundry doesn't feel like much of a chore, huh?

I was a bad bad knit blogger and didn't do the 100 last time, so I'm just shooting for 100, but I'll be here to cheer you on to 150 or 200!!

Good luck with your "to do" list!

kathy b said...

Nothing like those shiny new appliances for some women. My MOM! I am usually just so ticked off that I had to spend the money on appliances, that I am barely enthused when they arrive. Mom on the other hand, gets all excited and has to come and see the new machines. I didn't get her gene with that....or ironing!

Great walking round!

Alisha said...

Love the appliances!!

I totally missed the flood thing too. You would not be alone in the whole evacuation thing...I would not be good at that either. Glad your back and doing well!!!!!

Zarzuela said...

Great project list. Very interesting. Congrats on making it to 100 miles! I'm in awe....


Jessica

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!