Monday, May 21, 2007

Too much stuff about me

You know that "7 / 8 things about me" meme that you've seen everywhere? Well, I too was tagged . . . several times!! By Jessica, Wendy, HDW, and Knit Annie. I'm not sure what I have left to tell you about, but here goes:

  1. If I could change one thing about my life, I have no hesitation about what it would be. I would no longer have diabetes.
  2. And as long as I'm at it, no one else would have diabetes either. (Heck, if I'm curing myself, I might as well cure everyone!!)
  3. My immediate family all have birthdays that can fall on holidays. My dad and Pea have birthday's one day apart, and they sometimes fall on Labor Day. My mom's is sometimes on Tax Day. My brother's birthday is sometimes on Election Day. And some years, mine is on Memorial Day.
  4. I get VERY attached to things. My vacuum just broke, and I bought a new one, but it still killed me to throw out the old one. After all, we've sucked up a lot of crumbs and dust-bunnies together!
  5. More often than not, I would rather stay home and knit in front of the T.V. than go out.
  6. More often than not, Pea would rather go out than stay home. I don't know how we manage to comprise. (Actually, I do. He usually gives in to me.)
  7. In real life, I'm much less "happy and cheerful" than I seem on my blog. I guess blog-me tries to be more positive and upbeat, while real-me is more pessimistic.
I think I'm the last one to do this meme, but if you haven't done it, consider yourself tagged!!

Okay, on a lighter note, here is my entry for the Summer Goals Contest. This was easy, because I love setting up lists and goals!!
  • Lots of socks (have you joined Summer of Socks 2007?)
  • My second lace shawl
  • Finish Tahoe
  • Finish my last two UFO's . . . well, okay, at least work on them enough to move them to WIP status
  • Knit at least one tank
Oh yes, and if I remember correctly, I saw this contest at Knitting in Pink, Craftlily, and Serendipitous Opportuknitty. You can enter until the end of the month, so start making your list and remember to tell Ali I sent you!!

17 comments:

Jenny Raye said...

Our summer goals are very similar! Good luck.

Melissa said...

I can't imagine that you aren't as happy as you seem!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I'm also much less cheery in person. I think that part of the role of the blog is to life us a bit and make us feel that being happier is a possibility...

Sonya said...

I'd rather stay home too. Luckily Kevin would too. I'm very sorry to hear about your vacuum cleaner. It's hard to lose a friend. ;o)

Twinkerbell said...

How are you? Well by the looks of things in this blog your birthday is coming up pretty soon :) So in case I miss it, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! early :). I decided to use the Zephyr pattern for the Scottish Highlands Yarn for my sisters Birthday Socks. It's turning out really pretty. Since she reads my blog I won't post any pics of it until I actually give them to her. I love that Yarn below! It is so pretty. I have yet to try the Cherry Hill yarn. Well talk to you soon :)

Zarzuela said...

Good luck with your summer goals (and thanks for the SOS shout out!). :)

And as for 1 and 2 in your list, could we add hypoglycemia in there? It's the opposite problem, but an equally big headache (I know from personal experience if you're wondering).

Jessica

Kristin said...

I would rather stay home and my husband would rather go out too. Somehow we manage to compromise and get along anyways. :)

Theresa said...

Sounds like a great summer!

Olga said...

I just finished the same meme! I have a very similar item to your vacuum cleaner one...I can't let go of my Rollerblades. In fact, I also have a very hard time of letting go of stuff. Moving is good for me, because I won't purge any other way.

Happy pre-birthday wishes!

AmyArtisan said...

Funny how these things seem to crop up ;) Might have to join Summer of Socks since I seem to always have some on the needles now :)

~Kristie said...

#1 and #2 are my FAVORITES. But, if I have to choose just one, I'll go with #1. I think you've gone long enough and deserve the cure!!

I'm also a homebody. DH loves to go out. Hmmm... maybe we *should* move closer together. You & I can stay home and knit and send the boys out togeter!

kathy b said...

Oh I wish so very much that you didn't have diabetes. I am no longer a Cub fan, but Ron Santo's legacy will not just be his baseball career as a 3rd baseman, but his strenght and inspiration as a diabetic. He raises lots of money for his JD charity.

I love to stay home and knit!!! It does require some compromise.

Can you and Pea go to a outdoor venue this summer while you knit? We sit on the lawn at Ravinia and I knit and Troy enjoys the music and people watching.

Jennifer said...

So, it's your birthday soon, right? Is a rousing round of "Happy Birthday" in order?

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. I'd rather sit home and knit then go out.

You have some good goals. For me this summer will be socks and the wedding blanket.

Kym said...

Dude, I get attached to stuff too- I decided to clear out my craft room (so there is actual space to work) and everything I needed to throw out was a struggle. It was like, hmmm, do I really need another blank book with a fancy cover that I'll never write in? Maybe...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my new blog home!!

I wish I could cure your diabetes too. It runs in my family, and I feel like I'm just standing in line waiting on it.

It's funny how you mention you aren't cheerful as you seem on your blog. I am not as cheerful on the inside as I seem on the outside. I am always smiling and perky... and my patients even comment how I'm always smiling and happy... but on the inside I'm usually feeling grumpy!

Which tank do you want to knit? I like Isabella from Knitty!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading through your lists - thanks for sharing! You and Pea seem to have found the perfect compromise as it seems - obviously you're managing your different likes concerning going out really well - that's great! CM and me are fortunately very much alike in this case, we're both #1-couch potatoes with a bit of a need of going out in between - I'm afraid I'd go nuts if he would want to go out more often and thus take my precious knitting time from me! ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!!